Investment portfolio check recommended after a chaotic half-year

Here are strategies you can implement during market declines to improve your situation

Richard Drew AP Most successful investors take a strategic, long-term view of the opportunities in stocks, bonds, real estate, or any other asset. But in times like the one we experienced in the first half of 2022, a near-term assessment could lead to useful actions that help keep the long-term perspective on track. Broad U.S. … Read more

The 60-40 portfolio is designed to protect investors from volatility: so why is it having such a bad year?

The 60-40 portfolio is designed to protect investors from volatility: so why is it having such a bad year?

The first half of 2022 has historically been a bad period for markets, and the carnage wasn’t limited to stocks. As stocks and bonds have sold off at the same time, investors who have relied on the 60-40 portfolio – so called because it holds 60% of its wealth in stocks and the remaining 40% … Read more

How to get started with real estate investments

How to get started with real estate investments

Today, the majority of the population aspires to achieve financial freedom as early as possible in their lives. They are looking for all possibilities to get additional income and profit. One way to earn extra income is through investing. Investing means investing money in a business, such as real estate or stocks, in order to … Read more

Future Returns: Single family offices are increasingly turning to private markets

Future Returns: Single family offices are increasingly turning to private markets

Single family offices around the world are moving deeper into private markets in response to higher inflation, rising interest rates and central banks reducing their market support, a report by UBS Global Wealth Management revealed earlier this month. Among the 221 family offices surveyed — with an average total wealth of $2.2 billion — many … Read more

This is what the housing market could look like in 2030

Real Estate

GJS/Getty Images/iStockphoto The housing market has made headlines for the past two years, with countless buyers being pushed out of the market. Not only have house prices skyrocketed by as much as 50% in some areas, interest rates have more than doubled from their 2020 lows. This has made housing unaffordable for countless buyers as … Read more

The most important do’s and don’ts when buying a house

Happy young couple with key standing outside in front of their new home.

Group4 Studio/Getty Images You are preparing to buy a new home and you want to do it right. Whether you are buying a home for the first time or are an established homeowner, you want to be as informed as possible when starting the process. Small Business Spotlight 2022: Nominate Your Favorite Local Small BizCash … Read more

Kitchen remodeling is the most regrettable home improvement job – where homeowners get into financial trouble

Young man in eyeglasses holding screwdriver and looking at exhaust hood in kitchen stock photo

LightField Studios / iStock.com Nearly a third of homeowners who remodeled their homes between March 2020 and January 2022 and went over budget by more than $50,000 regretted their decision, according to a three-part Lantern by SoFi survey. See: 10 kitchen renovations that will hurt your home’s valueDiscover: 9 ways to save on kitchen renovation … Read more

Rental Trends: How COVID and Rising Home Prices Led to a Market Boom and Increased Interstate Migration

Estate agent showround stock photo

: sturti / iStock.com The combination of skyrocketing home prices and a surge in remote work that began during the COVID-19 pandemic has given the US rental market a major facelift as many American renters pack up and move to cheaper markets. Discover: 20 Big Cities Where You Can Find Rentals Under $1,200Learn: Real estate … Read more

Real estate experts share how much they would pay for a home in today’s market

A classic Tudor style house in the mid-west of United States for sale with sale sign on lawn.

YinYang/Getty Images/iStockphoto Real estate prices have skyrocketed in recent years. Between June 2020 and June 2022, the median home selling price skyrocketed by over 70%, according to Redfin data. See: 15 Best Places in Texas for a Couple to Live on Social Security Only Also see: Best Cities to Retire on a Budget of $1,500 … Read more